My DJ

Play this. I am pretty much positive that the latest show is good. Updated a lot.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Cliff Jumping as a metaphor for life

Before i realized that i was, in fact, a mortal. I used to love jumping off cliffs in skis. it was another way for me to scare the shit out of myself and those around me. but now that i am older and pain actually hurts, i have chilled out considerably. now i can just cling to the memories. the intense feeling i remember having when i threw caution to the wind, and intentionally pointed my tips at the ledge of rock and just let go. the wind picking up and the hands start rotating in a counter direction to the way your body naturally tilts. the stomach lurching like it was going to stay behind and watch. its the closest i could ever get to flying that didn't involve a parachute. the landing part was always quit surprising no matter how many times i did it. it always felt like i was an inch or two shorter afterwards. i actually broke my large toe in 3 places landing in powder, through my boot. that takes an insane amount of pressure and compression.

my sister found this clip. i was trying to teach her snowboarding and i think she got it. this guy takes it to a whole new level. he obviously just doesn't give a fuck. not subtle-cakes about it either.


No comments: