My DJ

Play this. I am pretty much positive that the latest show is good. Updated a lot.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Fieldston Highschool , my alma mater

or as we used to call it Feel-stoned. I can't believe that i actually made it through to graduation. i was in the dean's office just about everyday. but i think he really liked me. or he was scared of my mother. most of my teacher's were scared of my mom. she came down with the hammer in my defence, always.

Fieldston was a little slice of heaven in the bronx. it was a mecca of diversity, liberal thought, and money. the money part was an aspect it tried desperately to make up for with the first two qualities. i met my BFF's there, so it was good for me in that sense.

my sister breaks it down.

so does wikipedia.

I would like to brag shamelessly that i was a proud member of the aforementioned Advanced Placement Program in Math, Physics, and English. that meant i was in the ultra geek smarty pants classes. I never did my homework and i was high for 50% of my tests. not bad for a kid who had only 50% hearing as a child, major speech impediments, and a veritable plethora o' learning disabilities. what what(raising the roof).

Really though, i went to an incredible elementary school near Harlem. they made sure that i didn't turn out like an idiot. when i was finally learning to read at the age of 8, Bank Street allowed me to stay in my class with my friends, and learn at my own pace. i don't think the kids in my class were even told why i didn't sit with them during the reading and writing periods. well, i caught up and never had to feel "retarded". i believe i was a VERY lucky person to go there, considering my issues.

back to Fieldston. it was a diverse place. besides famous harbinger of doom alum, J. Robert Oppenheimer, there was the revolutionary, Gil Scott Heron.
he has often been given credit for the original sound and voice of Hip Hop. I believe that as an alumnus, i fall somewhere between these two guys.

And yet another alumnus, Jeffrey Katzenberg! He was my boss at Dreamworks Animation where i worked for 5 years. He used to give me random phone calls thanking me for various things i did in the Shrek and Madagascar movies, proving that he gives credit where credit is due :P

he's what happens when you mix killer instincts, creative thinking, and money makin' manhattan.

here's a video from Gil Scott Heron because i am sure you are sick of seeing Shrek.

No comments: